Planning Obligation Officer
£15.25 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Planning Obligation Officer – as part of the planning obligations team you will be responsible for the administration of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and Section 106 agreements, ensuring compliance with the regulations. This will include assessing planning applications, calculating liabilities and issuing notices to collect income.
Previous planning and Community Infrastructure Levy experience is desirable. You will have a high level of computer literacy, in particular being able to use Excel to manipulate and interpret financial information, and the ability to communicate effectively with members of the public and colleagues.
• the administration of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), and Section106 agreements
Summary of main duties and responsibilities
1. Develop and monitor all financial information (including grant funding, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and S106 contributions) using manual and computerised recording systems, for all aspects of income and expenditure, to assist in ensuring that projects are delivered in a timely manner and that the Council meets its internal external and statutory obligations.
2. Manage and update a monitoring system for all external funding including CIL and S106 financial and in kind contributions.
3. Ensure compliance with the Community Infrastructure Levy scheme including the assessment of the application of CIL, issuing of notices and raising of invoices. Monitor the process and prepare monthly performance management reports using a set template.
4. Maintain clear budgets, monitoring, profiling and forecasting for external funding streams.
5. Maintain, collate information and update funding databases by source and prepare monitoring information, including income, expenditure, balance sheets and ensure compliance with the Council’s financial systems and processes.
6. Prepare monthly management reports for senior management on all aspects of expenditure and projected income and ensure compliance with internal and external approval processes.
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV. Colbern Limited along with our clients are an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org