Business Support Officer
£14.91 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Business Support Officer.
Onsite full time, North Locality Hub, Willenhall
1. Main purpose of the job role:
• To provide an effective administration and business support service, including initiating, undertaking and completion of tasks, on behalf of all Directorates. To be part of a team who provide timely, and efficient support, which maximises organisational technology in all its forms.
• To provide a quality support service, which underpins all Directorates in delivering its core statutory business in the most seamless way, whilst also operating in a way that provides robust system based audit trail across all areas of activity and compliance with national legislation and local policies, procedures and priorities, and escalate as appropriate.
• To work as part of a business support team ensuring the team is proactive, responsive, flexible, efficient and has a strong customer focus, ensuring that all customer are dealt with in a professional and confident manner, in line with agreed processes, taking ownership to ensure effective resolution.
• To comply with the Council’s agreed policies and procedures including but not limited to Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunities Policies, the Data Protection Act/GDPR Regulations, Freedom of Information Act, Financial Management Regulations and other relevant Council and Government Regulations, Directives and Council-wide priorities.
Excellent standards of literacy and numeracy
Must possess excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
Must possess excellent communication skills both verbally and written
Demonstrate the ability to be an assertive and confident communicator when dealing with difficult situations.
Must be able to prioritise a heavy workload of a diverse nature
Able to demonstrate excellent clerical, administration skills
Able to demonstrate an understanding of financial processes (eg. Invoicing/handling petty cash).
Ability to interrogate records and statistical information including data manipulation
Possess excellent IT skills which must include experience of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must have customer care skills
Demonstrate independent thinking and decision making skills
Ability to manage the delivery of business support across multiple teams.
Must show initiative on a range of issues
PLEASE ONLY apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise.
The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV. Should you be short listed Colbern Limited will contact you within 5 days or we may contact you about other job opportunities. Colbern Limited along with our clients
are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com