Second Line Support Officer
£16.63 per hour PAYE or £21.62 per hour Limited paid via Umbrella Company inside IR35
Our client is looking for an experienced Second Line Support Officer.
• Responsible for the delivery of 2nd line DaTS support as a team member of the Service Desk team
• Ensuring service performance is within established parameters.
• Providing 2nd Line support, overseeing, monitoring and handover to 3rd line teams.
• Providing day to day support, guidance and mentoring to customers within WMBC and other team members.
• Providing advice, guidance and training to 1st line support when required.
• Installation and re-location of equipment, troubleshooting of hardware and software.
2. Role specific duties and accountabilities:
• Provide support to users of the DaTS Service Desk
• To communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English
• Monitor status of service requests and liaise with team members to ensure service desk issues are resolved
• Resolve 2nd line support issues and provide guidance to customers within the council
• Ensure all incidents are appropriately recorded in the Council’s Service Desk system
• Act as the first point of contact for any business-critical support requirements and take ownership for resolution
• Assist 3rd line support in the resolution of cases using members of the Applications Support, Data Centre, Networks and Workstation teams. Throughout the process, maintain regular communication with the staff and users in order to manage customer expectations. In cases where there is significant disruption, or there is disruption to members of the public, escalate immediately through the defined route and seek guidance on what communication can be made
• Preventative maintenance of applications and equipment
• Installation and re-location of equipment (both hardware & software) to specified standards
• Visiting sites throughout the borough to provide support with installation, re-location and incident support
• Deliver to clear objectives and monitor your performance (measures to be agreed), ensuring this is within agreed limits
• Deliver a customer focused culture and incident ownership within the Service Desk team
• Handle customer complaints, recording issues and ensuring problems are resolved
• Assist in collating information required by your team leader for them to deliver reports in line with the reporting schedule defined by Quality and Performance Manager and pass to Account Managers as agreed
• Maintain support information
• Highlight recurring issues to the DaTS Customer Services Leads
• Identify and highlight any deficiencies in the Service Desk personnel’s knowledge
• Request training / coaching of self and colleagues on systems support and support processes
• Report on all open incidents not closed within agreed time limits
• Follow and implement agreed Service Desk procedures and processes
• Assist in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes
Ability to resolve IT issues on:
Android Tablets/Mobile devices
Public Access PCs
VPN clients A thorough understanding of: Microsoft Windows 10
Microsoft Office/Microsoft 365
Microsoft Active Directory
A Service desk call logging system
Remote support tools
Demonstrate an understanding of what should be recorded about an IT issue and why.
Have an ability to communicate verbally with IT users and customers at all levels about IT issues of various complexities; the ability to communicate verbally in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Show commitment to delivering a customer focussed service
Knowledge of service levels and how they are applied in an IT environment.
Knowledge and understanding of information and data security and its importance in a local government environment.
Have the ability to prioritise work when working under pressure.
PLEASE ONLY apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise.
The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV. Should you be short listed Colbern Limited will contact you within 5 days or we may contact you about other job opportunities. Colbern Limited along with our clients are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org