Senior Executive Assistant
£23.34 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Executive Assistant.
This role forms part of the Business Management Team within Adult Health and Communities and provides business and personal support to a busy Assistant Directors.
The postholder will work closely with the Assistant Directors and act as a point of contact for a range of internal and external stakeholders. They will also provide a support in terms of organising and making an accurate record of a range of internal meetings, and support cover during periods of annual leave and sickness cover.
In this role you will also contribute to the wider business support function to ensure that consistent, effective and high-quality support is maintained across the Adults Health and Communities directorate.
1. Understanding, knowledge, and ability to follow guidelines that ensures compliance with Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements.
2. Understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Council’s Equal Opportunities policies.
3. Knowledge and experience of using IT.
4. To undertake any other temporary responsibilities aligned with the overall purpose and grade of the role.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Of working for as a PA for one or more senior managers within a Local Government setting.
• Understanding of Local Government and Adult Services.
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent experience
• Good working knowledge of SAP and Mosaic
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritising workload and dealing with conflicting demands
• Highly organised, able to forward plan, manage expectations and anticipate the type of information required for meetings and presentations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take accurate notes and recording of actions
• Ability to influence and manage some else’s time, priorities and to understand the requirements of their role
• Ability to flex to the needs of the service and willingness to work as part of a wider team
• Strong IT skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Experience of using the Council’s Financial Ledger SAP (other financial software packages)
• Experience of working with senior managers, managing their diaries, and dealing with their correspondence
• Experience of working with a variety of people including other teams and departments, politicians, residents, and businesses
• Experience of dealing with difficult situations, and helping find the appropriate solution
PLEASE ONLY apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise.
The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV. Should you be short listed Colbern Limited will contact you within 5 days or we may contact you about other job opportunities. Colbern Limited along with our clients
are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org