Service Development Officer
£21.49 per hour PAYE or £26.74 Limited rate paid via Umbrella Company inside IR35
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Development Officer.
1. To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
2. To participate in One to One Performance Development Reviews/Appraisals and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs
3. To actively promote the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy and Diversity Strategy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place.
4. To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 etc., the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
5. To fully understand, and be aware of, the Council’s commitment to the Section 17 duty of the Crime & Disorder Act 1998 to prevent crime and disorder.
6. At the discretion of the Head of Service, such other activities as may from time to time may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above.
• Understand and interpret complex issues and information in order to effectively convey a message to a variety of audiences
• Effectively evaluate the impact of OD activities
• Understand how different audiences may react to different issues
• Write and talk in clear, concise and plain language
• An effective communicator – able to speak and write confidently, and persuasively
• Manage projects and events to agreed budgets and timescales
• Be politically sensitive, tactful and diplomatic
1. Skills and Abilities – Desirable
• Work within a team, sharing responsibility, experience and ideas for delivering projects
• Plan your own tasks within project activity in a structured way
• Use of communications and presentation equipment
2. Special Knowledge – Essential
• Knowledge of latest Organisation Development best practice
• Experience of employee engagement initiatives
• Knowledge of Talent Management strategies and their implementation
PLEASE ONLY apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise.
The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV. Should you be short listed Colbern Limited will contact you within 5 days or we may contact you about other job opportunities. Colbern Limited along with our clients
are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com